Puretalent matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the Puretalent team.
OSP Engineer II
Job Summary: Our client is seeking a candidate who will work independently and as a team to create and/or validate newly constructed and existing network fiber paths in our geospatial system(s). Individual will review designs from our construction vendors and verify as sound or make recommendations for re-route. As internal and customer orders are received for fiber usage, individual will review requests, assign fiber and route properly route orders for completion.
- Perform engineering activities to implement existing fiber network maintenance, upgrades and relocation projects
- Perform engineering activities related to building and expanding the fiber network
- Oversee project engineering design, implementation and testing of new fiber builds that maximize network reliability using cost effective solutions
- Engage appropriate internal and external organizations to accomplish required tasks
- Leads large scale projects, driving productivity through use of vendor resources to meet deliverables
- Comprehensive knowledge and skill for more complex applications to include 3-GIS, ArcGIS, AutoCAD, Visio, or other GIS systems ideally in the Telecommunications or Utility industry
- Experience with working application of engineering systems and databases
- Demonstrates knowledge of engineering principles within OSP job related functional area to include general practices, procedures and industry standards including ability to read and interpret OSP engineering prints and construction designs